What does it take to create product renderings?’ is probably the question we get the most.
Well, like everything, it’s complex and it depends on a lot of factors!
Here at Phalanx, we usually make a clear distinction between four categories of images:
1. Your product on solid color 2D background
2. Your product rendered and layered over an existing 2D image
3. Your product close up in a fully 3D modelled scene
4. Your product at a distance in a fully 3D modelled scene
As you progress further down the list, the image needs more creative input, 3D modelling and texturing, thus taking more time.
So the first few questions we tend to fire back when a client asks us what it takes are:
- What is the purpose of the images?
- Is there interaction between the product and its environment?
- Do you have a style guide and reference images of what you are looking for?
Based on these questions, we can figure out which category your product belongs in.
Does this sound a little confusing? In the next few weeks we’ll be going into greater detail of these different categories so stay tuned!
Curious to see what it takes to render your project? Send us a DM for a free consultation!
#graphicdesign #advertisingandmarketing #digitalmarketing #advertising